Wedding & Event Venue
Ruffynes Barn: Unique Rustic Chic
Nestled in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the outskirts of Aldington, Ruffynes Barn is a Grade II listed venue that combines olde worlde charm with modern amenities. Dating back to the 16th century, this five bay barn has been lovingly and meticulously restored to its former glory whilst still offering the comforts of a contemporary event space. Covering a generous 250 square metres, the barn’s imposing oak structure and rustic chic creates an ambience that is both dramatic and enticing.
Sitting on the banks that overlook Romney Marsh, Port Lympne Zoo and the Channel beyond Ruffynes Barn is a breathtaking backdrop for any celebration. Offering a magnificent setting for up to 120 seated guests for a wedding ceremony or breakfast, the barn can also accommodate up to 200 guests for an evening reception.
Historic 12th Century Church
Couples interested in a traditional church ceremony have a short stroll down the country lane to St Martin’s Church in Aldington (whose dramatic tower became a significant landmark for both sailors and smugglers) allowing for a seamless transition between your wedding events.
Versatile Event Space
Ruffynes Barn is the perfect venue for weddings, but also provides an ideal setting for various events including civil weddings and partnerships, christenings, private parties and corporate events.
We collaborate with South East chef Will Burnett to deliver a multitude of culinary delights. From gourmet cuisine to tailored crockery and cutlery, every detail is meticulously planned by Fern and Farrow to match your vision.
- Flooring: Natural look 100% recycled carpeting.
- New Mid Oak Multilok Dance Floor: guaranteed to keep your guests dancing the night away.
- Mirror Ball: Massive 90 cm diameter ball with programmed light settings.
- Bar Facilities: Fully equipped licensed bar with staff.
- Heating: Barn heating options during the colder months.
- Shepherds Hut Deluxe Loos: High end restrooms to meet all guest’s needs.
- Catering Marquee: 6m x 6m.
- Utilities: Generator and chiller van can also be included.
- Security and Parking: Available on site.
Our team can include a pre wedding planner and organiser on the day to help you navigate every aspect of your special celebration. Additionally, we have a list of our preferred suppliers, from photographers and videographers to florists and hairdressers. Discover the magic of Ruffynes Barn and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Church Lane, Aldington, Ashford, TN25 7EG
+44 7887 743351